Tuesday, May 18, 2010

my second step

One of my fav novelists had recently remarked that one must practice writing in order to improve one's creativity. Out of sheer respect for her and an increasing weariness of my tedium, I have decided to torture myself with this routine hoping that it would somehow evolve into an enjoyable hobby. I have never felt the necessity to cultivate any zings nor felt truly alone becos i wasnt aware that a whole other world exists virtually. I was contented and comfy in my own, sluggish, passive but vibrant-to-me daily life. But when my own studies demand that i do an intense brain exercise and bring out the results in the form of writing, it makes me realize the difficulty of forming thoughts into words. And that very moment of realization should have been an epiphany, only it wasnt!My own laziness, timidity(???)and insecurity ensued and I could not bring myself to write. I have always been too lazy to indulge in the world of the internet, limiting myself only to emails, orkut, fb, ebay and googling and now I'm suffering the consequences...I go "Duuuuh" when people mention "internet" terms and often feel my skin wrinkling away in the midst of friends who animatedly discuss the latest technologies and internet facilities. It saddens me to think that I have become outdated in my prime and out of touch in my twenties. So, I have resolved, in order to fit in, to keep in touch with the happenings around me even as I learn to keep up with my generation in the world of the internet.

3 comments:

  1. madeeee.... am looking forward to your three hundred and seventy seventh step :D.. fav novelists, me? I told xaua that u're using the moniker jay-me and he said,why, does she like jay-z?haha, ka lo ngaihtuah miahlo a... kei inla veteran hian.. :D Now get creative, I've always loved your poems and creative writings

    ReplyDelete
  2. sianiii u knwing me so well how cud u think i took the nick fr. jay-z?? from a jay bird ma dear they r suppsd 2 b colorfl n noisy btw wats with the "ive alwys lvd ur poems n creatve writings"? u knw damn well the mzu week was the only time i tried my hands in them n i won bcos there were no competitors lol like u 4 eg.glad u were "tlomngai" lom lh om mange ooo inpa hi silh vek xel lo la ooo r u showing off??grrr...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice Walker in the first sentence, right? Outdated in your prime and out of touch in your twenties? LOL. Perish the thought, Jamie, you seem to be doing just fine. Keipon ka thiam chuan i thiam loh na tur a awm lo!

    ReplyDelete