Sunday, November 21, 2010

Relinquish….

Death is a bliss, when life itself
Torments and haunts beyond assurance.
This existence that robs my sanguinity,
And thrusts me to a bleakness
So dark, is my peril.

The void that fills my cavity,
Advances into the unknown realm,
So alien, yet so right.
I close my shutters and look in,
And dab my dry face for drips,
So lost, is my faith.

Joy is the absolute, sorrow the other end;
Yes, they were, until this flash,
When only a flicker of emptiness burns,
Inertia sweeps into my being.
Beyond grief, tears, past that end,
My heart dies, its exhausted.

5 comments:

  1. Such a dark and melancholic poem. I hope this poem is not a reflection of how you are currently... hope you are doing fine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Often one takes pleasure in being sad! But if one has a melancholic disposition, it is best to relinquish the negative thought and start thinking positively! Someone is there above who is always ready to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy - the absolute? Sorrow the other end? Hmm... Can either happiness and sorrow truly be defined as polar opposites, apart from each other? We say happiness exists, but does sadness? I say sadness isn't real - it's just the absence of happiness :) Nice poem here. Kudos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @illu nope am gay as ever... "gay" as in happy
    not every of my poems speak my thoughts.

    @maisek you are absolutely right.. if this poem is what i feel i would have said you lift my sadness but this isnt my disposition but still im happy you offered moral encouragement.

    @ Andy i guess they are intertwined in a way heh..thanks anyway for the comment and the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a va beidawnthlak awm ngawih ngawih ve pi chongtinwhoot! heh. Pome hi chu ka ziakthiamlo bawka a ziakthiam ho ziah hi chhiar ila ka duhtawk viau. (Ka blog ka update ania oooo)

    ReplyDelete