Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Daddy's sonny gal

....is what i am. Been really busy filling up my brother's shoes at home while he's away at work and its strenuous! Besides watching WC with my dada every night, i flex my muscles for my dad's supposedly engineered blueprint for a new floor and stairs in hrahsel bhavan lol. Bro's getting a bigger bed...so..
.the house needs to be bigger now. Besides, everyone's been adding kilos to our already bloated figures so the house is under a lot of pressure. Even the mice've moved out in search of better spacious homes, probably feeling the pressure too and i rest my case here. i'd done a little bit of carpentry work, mending broken furnitures and applying new paints here and there and sure to say, now i feel like i can handle the world(oops!male ego interfering here). Plus, a constant debate with the "mistiries" help to better my hindi in a broken, pidgin way: "level thik nai he", "thora niche karo" "yesa mat karo" "yesa maro" "ap kaisa laigaiga" etc. etc. At least im a little advanced than my mom who's still stuck at "kare karo"(???). My daily routine starts with a review of the previous day's work with dad (i have to give up my precious morning-cum-midnight sleep as well), then comes the calculating and measuring and adding and subtracting and a little bit of arguing in between when our points differ. After dad leaves for office, the house becomes our domain where mom and i steer the workers according to our rules, totally oblivious of dad's instructions...a small way of rebelling for us womenfolk. Of course, at the end of the day, its always the assiduous innocent workers who suffer. The stairs have been deconstructed and reconstructed a number of times and poor Pu Muana, our "Lung Mistiri", has to redo the works but in our benefits, he's not a mourner. A "whew" for us. As the construction work is nearing the deadline, dad's been bugging me more than usual and from tonight, I've resolved to punish him by denying him his cheering partner...hmmm...he's probably wondering why ive shut myself up in my room and pretty soon, he's gonna come knocking at my door/send me a message thru the phone asking "Wat's up?" heheh i'm devilish, i know, but sometimes i just cant help it. Ive always been daddy's little gal, ive been pampered. But, but, ahem..not spoiled and when i think of all the shots he gives just to keep up with my life and interests eg,he'd instantly pick up my lines or slangs i commonly used like "tru trung, how u diiiid?, sutrung ut, khituar,etc." or replicate my weird facial expressions or learn all about the current trends of my generation, I know he'll never be a phony dad. Even mom, who's my "bestest" friend (at home) btw, is surprised by how much he knows about us. These extra efforts he puts in make me feel special and sometimes this pang of guilt would hit me when i realize ive given so little in return.So, in a way, my contribution to the renovation work is my way of saying thanks and when its done out of sincere gratitude, its no tough job at all. Speaking of thank yous, i think ill watch the game with him tonight, how else can i repay him other than keeping him company when he needs his substitute son??

15 comments:

  1. seriously,your blog has measles, i ngaihthah rei lutukaa!! I love your dad (not in THAT way you perv). He's like a big kid.I've always envied you your relationship with the Nguraminator. Enpui mai2 la animai. And you've never been a substitute son. You're his original baby-girl. Mahse i reh ka ti thAU2

    ReplyDelete
  2. uiii siani kn buai dan cu turuuu k ning th ltk kitchen te kha kn thlak vek lmmm rn update sam2 xel th ang mn rn pui ve hial xk teh hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that ur saying it, it does look like measles lolz, irritates the eyes eh? wit lots of stuff going on, dad's becum really hitler-ish these days, ninom tep hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ekhaiiiiiiiii background image + color leh font color reng reng chuh!!!! Arrrghhhh my eyes, MY EYESSSSS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much better! :) By the way, I have just recovered from an epileptic seizure after looking at your previous theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ure epileptic????? im sory my templte triggrd da seizure, better seek help soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey don't worry... it's fatal only for epileptics and geriatrics. keini la thalai tan chuan i blog khan threk a vei emaw kan lo ti mai2 a.. this one is much, much better. Your padre team Brazil chu Germany in nakinah kan sawp dawwnnn.. Hamrika kha kan bet kha remind rawh, ka tilo a ti leh ange.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In Mizoram, single women above 25 are called Nula senior. Kthnxbai.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ku wil tell him dnt get 2 c each othr much, WC's nt as fun as i anticipatd
    @illus i pity "them".

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...Reading this made me breathless... Good that you are picking up hindi, am still stuck with.. Have a fun weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paragraph te hi invent tawh se aw. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. hilarious!!! i like the way you express and you really are lucky to have a good father. the same thing happened when we built our house recently. when i get home from office, some of the plans had totally changed from the first plan, that used to make me stressed up.. sometimes, i came to like the new plans though...:D

    btw, use paragraph, it will look more nicer and easier to read

    ReplyDelete
  13. @mos a dik khawp mai, chuan sms vocab i hua tih ka hria, chuvangin a spelling dik thlapin k rawn chhang che. :)
    @Varte yeah, it can be stressful sometimes and i hope the finale comes soon. Chuan para chu ka lo hmang ngei th ange :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @mos oops "k" tih khi "ka" tihna, ka fimkhur tehreng nen ooo

    ReplyDelete