Sunday, March 30, 2014

My one true love

Yes, this time, you are my mojo.....
           
                You made me remember that once upon a time, I was me. That carefree, independent, keyboard-addicted, screen-tuned girl, often at the expense of losing a good night's sleep. But I was happy. I am happy now too, but its a different happiness that demands selflessness.
                More than a year ago, almost two years in fact, I could be selfish, indulging myself in fashion, food and even exercises. I was me, living in my own space, at my own convenience and living out of my income. Then October 6th, 2011 came, bringing with it waves of completeness, emotional stability and strain, strength and weaknesses...I gave myself up to him and severed my own independence.
            Since then, I've laughed and cried. The latter many times and the former, lesser. But God has granted me infinite joy, the deepest, fulfilling joy I have ever felt in my lifetime. God gave me YOU. My child, I love you. I used to snicker at "I love you so much it hurts", laughing at the pretense i detected. But now i actually hurt with happiness when i hold you, when i smell you, when I see you smile and cry. I stare and stare at you, like an obssessed psychopath, while you sleep. I see myself in your eyes. I feel the clasp of your tiny fingers around my finger and my heart clasps around you....I love you so much it hurts...
            Dear God, you've given and she's unrefundable...That's an order...She's my world now...yes, my mojo :)
             


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, jay-me. Yes, there is nothing like the experience of being a mother. God bless your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats right, unless one becomes a mother, she will never understand the joy...you would understand :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I wish i could, soon, but motherhood is such a busy job...but surely, I will..

      Delete